We are seeking 2 experienced Java Engineers who can assist with leading, designing and developing a suite of Web Services which will form the basis of advanced application development. The ideal candidates will have expertise in designing and creating Java Web Services using leading open source and industry standard technology stacks. The individuals will be able to operate in an Agile environment and oversee the full life cycle development for the services, working with development, DevOps, BA, PM and QA teams following the Agile/SCRUM methodology.
This is a Contract position and can be located either in the Glenridge Connector (top end of the Perimeter) or Alpharetta area. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitating requirements gathering sessions and be able to translate business needs into proper solutions.
- Participate with architecture team in technical evaluations, solution and design approaches discussions
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable, high volume Java based Web Services following a traditional REST model.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members on the proper approaches to web services development.
- Able to work both in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Responsible for actively supporting complex projects or programs from the Software development standpoint to drive the development of multiple applications.
- Responsible for support to the team in achieving priorities, goals and strategies with key stakeholders.
- Provides objective advice, expertise and specialist support skills with the aim of creating value and maximizing growth, or improving the business performance of their clients.
- Ensures that development activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization.
- Ensures collaboration with key functional partners in the implementation of initiatives.
- Readily recognizes solution and determines at what point issues require escalation to management.
- 3+ years of Java Web Services development background
- 7+ years of Java development (back and front end)
- Recent experience developing and implementing Java based Web Services, primarily in a REST model, but experience with SOAP is a plus.
- Experience with major Open Source Java tools such as Tomcat, Wildfly, JaxRS, Mule, Apache ODE
- Experience developing, deploy, test and maintain technical assets in SOA environment, web services and integration
- Experience with build and development tools like Gradle and Maven
- Knowledge of other languages such as LUA and Groovy a plus
- Experience with IBM Cast Iron Integration Software tool a plus
- Experience with Java Persistence Architecture (JPA) using tools such as Hibernate or OpenJPA