About the Role
The IT Software Engineering Team Lead is a hybrid role that allows technical resources to remain hands on and enables them to grow their managerial skill. In additional to the responsibilities of a Software or Quality Engineer the Team Lead is responsible for leading a group of technical resources to ensure they produce high quality, well managed, and documented software designs, software products and software tests. The Team lead will take part in the professional development of each of the team members so that they grow their professional skills, improve their technical capabilities, and build team cohesiveness.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform code and test automation reviews, ensure standards are followed, identify deficiencies, refactoring or upgrade needs
- Manage assigned code repositories, ensure versioning standards are followed, check ins are commented, tags and branches are properly named, merge conflicts are resolved
- Lead design sessions, propose design alternatives, mentor design best practices, follow up on design decisions to ensure implementation
- Review system documentation, ensure design documents and operational documents are produced
- Conduct weekly one on one meetings with employees, bi-weekly one on one meetings with contractors
- Mentor resources to improve skill levels
- Review and coach resources on performance feedback
- Work with employees to ensure annual goals are achieved
- Review timesheet and Jira time tracking adherence
- Develop and teach an in depth knowledge of different business and systems
- Promote a culture of team work, high performance and quality
Your Skills and Educations
- You are able to mentor peers.
- Project experience leading Agile teams
Hands on development back ground (java or angular)
Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
Start up or small company experience
- You can provide technical guidance and mentorship.
- You have expertise in software design, coding and/or quality assurance tools and testing processes.
- You have in depth understanding of different systems and business processes.
- You are able to make a hands on technical contribution to a delivery team.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, distributed environment.
- You have the ability to motivate people and build teams.