About the Role
As the Software Engineer, you will provide technical excellence and innovation as a part of the Software Development team. You will design, develop, deliver and support software, web applications, web services, software deployments, windows services, source control and continuous integration services. You will also work closely with team leadership to ensure alignment of team objectives and product deliver.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with software development team, product owners, business analysts and contractors.
- Actively contribute to creating a culture of technical excellence by developing technical practices, monitoring technical excellence and organizing communications to/from stakeholders.
- Promote innovation in problem-solving and sharing of technical knowledge.
- Adheres to source code development standards that are clean, understandable and maintainable.
- Lend guidance and support to development team and stakeholders throughout the software development lifecycle, including prioritization and accountability.
- Accurately assess the risk associated with proposed project designs.
- Report progress and handle escalations at all times.
- Ensure production software is free of bugs and maintains a reliable state.
- Implement unit and integration testing, as needed.
Your Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Equivalency to at least 5 years of experience in software development using object-oriented languages and 3 years of experience in software development using .NET.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills (i.e. design, debugging and testing) and experience with software development projects.
- Ability to be a self-starter capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Thorough working knowledge of the application design and development processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to application projects.
- Solid experience in developing and executing a software implementation plan.
- Strong knowledge and experience with relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present technical ideas in concise, user-friendly or layman’s language.
- Strong interpersonal skills used in developing effective working relationships and listening skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and confidential environment.