Who Are We?
SOLTECH is a leader in agile custom software, web & mobile app development, IT Staffing, and technology solutions consulting. Our mission is to partner with businesses and innovators who are passionate about bringing their ideas to life. Through our unique multi-industry experience, product strategy and stack agnostic approach, we help organizations of all sizes solve the challenges they face on a daily basis. We are passionate about what we do and are always looking for passionate people to join our team.
About the Role
SOLTECH is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to be part of the Information and Educational Technologies team as well as an integral part for the development of IT solutions. This role will work within the development team and cross-functionally to address data management requirements and develop IT solutions. Are you passionate about ensuring all students are getting a good education? Does this role sound like a good fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design relational databases for internal applications and online business products/services working closely with other senior IT development staff.
- Perform database administration tasks for departmental and corporate databases including, periodic maintenance, performance optimization, backup/recovery procedures, data archival, and report generation.
- Develop reports needed to manage day-to-day operations and assess organizational performance.
- Implement and maintain backup and fail-over procedures.
- Supervise associate-level staff in day-to-day data management and support tasks, including the generation of database scripts and reports.
- Provide helpdesk support to IT staff and to organization staff as needed.
Your Skills and Education
- You have 10+ years experience in the information technology field and working knowledge of a broad range of database administration areas, including database design, database performance tuning, backup/recovery procedures, development of scripts and stored procedures, and report generation.
- You have strong problem-solving technical skills.
- You can establish effective working relationships with users, staff, peers, and management.
- You are able to perform assigned tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- You have verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You have 7+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server with solid background in SQL programming and database schema design.
- You have 2+ years experience with reporting tools and business intelligence tools is a plus.
- You have demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.