Who Are We?
SOLTECH is a leader in agile custom software, web & mobile app development, IT Staffing, and technology solutions consulting. Our mission is to partner with businesses and innovators who are passionate about bringing their ideas to life. Through our unique multi-industry experience, product strategy and stack agnostic approach, we help organizations of all sizes solve the challenges they face on a daily basis. We are passionate about what we do and are always looking for passionate people to join our team.
About the Role
SOLTECH is looking for an Associate Database Administrator to be part of the Information and Educational Technologies team as well as an integral part for the development of IT solutions. This role will work within the development team and cross-functionally to address data management requirements and develop IT solutions. Are you passionate about ensuring all students are getting a good education? Does this role sound like a good fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop reports, database scripts, and stored procedures to address the day-to-day needs of the organization.
- Provide first-tier data management support including data scrubbing tasks.
- Work closely within the software development team to support app development and data migration tasks.
- Perform database administration tasks including periodic maintenance and backup/recovery procedures.
- Implement and maintain backup and fail-over procedures.
Your Skills and Education
- You have 3+ years experience in data management and database administration, including data scrubbing, data translation, development of scripts and stored procedures, and report generation.
- You have strong problem-solving technical skills.
- You can establish effective working relationships with users, staff, peers, and management.
- You can perform assigned tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- You have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You have 3+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server with solid background in SQL programming, data scrubbing, and report generation.
- You have 1+ years experience with ETL tools is a plus (e.g., SSIS, Talend).
- You have 1+ years experience with reporting tools is a plus (e.g., Tableau).
- You have 1+ years experience with a programming language is a plus (e.g., Java, C#).
- You have demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.