Who Are We?
SOLTECH is a leader in agile custom software, web & mobile app development, IT Staffing, and technology solutions consulting. Our mission is to partner with businesses and innovators who are passionate about bringing their ideas to life. Through our unique multi-industry experience, product strategy and stack agnostic approach, we help organizations of all sizes solve the challenges they face on a daily basis. We are passionate about what we do and are always looking for passionate people to join our team.
About the Role
The Data Engineer is responsible for developing and executing data quality control and validation procedures. Data quality and integrity are paramount to the validity of the analytics that ultimately lead to our business strategies. Work closely with the business and technology teams to define and refine detailed data requirements for and set up an analytics data warehouse (ADW) independent of the operational tables. This role requires innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to address challenging data related assignments to support a growing risk and analytics department. Must be able to successfully meet the data needs of enterprise BI function.
- Develop big data solutions that meet the ever-growing corporate demands for data.
- Create data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Maintain data infrastructure and develop scripts for regular (daily) update processes.
- Develop and maintain a data dictionary for ADW
- Automate existing risk and business monitoring reports for production in a set cadence (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Familiarity with business rules engines is a plus, as the role requires making regular changes to the risk decision engine based on business requests
- Analyze modeling, analytics, and data analysis requests obtained from various teams to define data modeling requirements and structures to meet the business needs and fulfill the requirements
- Identify opportunities to use data for developing new business strategies and improve risk, marketing, and operational performance and utilize knowledge of mathematical modeling to perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Utilize programming and analytical tools including but not limited to SAS, SQL, Teradata or similar relational database tool, and Unix to formulate mathematical or simulation models.
- Establish and ensure adherence to appropriate data governance procedures.
- Communicate and present data to management by developing appropriate reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required (graduate level preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative analytical field.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical tools (e.g. R, Python) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting. Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (SQL, MySQL).
- 3+ years of experience in data architecture role with deep understanding of architecture principles and best practices.
- Ability to setup and maintain database for extremely large datasets using current database technologies (ex. MongoDB).
- 3+ years of work experience with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures.
- Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence and/or artificial neural networks.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as Domo, Tableau, or Power BI.
- Experience delivering solutions in an Agile environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be a strong team player to cross organizational boundaries and communicate across different disciplines.
- Prioritization and management of multiple potentially conflicting priorities are critical to this role. The successful candidate must be able to set (and at times reset) expectations with management on delivery of objectives.