Who Are We?
SOLTECH is a leader in agile custom software, web & mobile app development, IT Staffing, and technology solutions consulting. Our mission is to partner with businesses and innovators who are passionate about bringing their ideas to life. Through our unique multi-industry experience, product strategy and stack agnostic approach, we help organizations of all sizes solve the challenges they face on a daily basis. We are passionate about what we do and are always looking for passionate people to join our team.
We’re looking for a UI/UX developer to take a key role on our team. They will be responsible for conducting user research, creating wireframes and designs, and ultimately aligning user behavior to actions that drive results. You are obsessed with great user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail. We want a creative mastermind who shares a passion for health and technology and the desire to deliver high-quality products that help us transform our user’s lives.
This position requires a proven track record of leading product design, strong communication skills, and working hands-on to design innovative digital consumer products from inception to launch. Our UI/UX developer must be an exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content team and all facets of design to ensure a smooth product development process. You have experience in the development and production process of mobile and web applications and can multi-task while working on several projects simultaneously in a high paced, yet fun environment.
About the Role
You’ll lead the user experience design of our digital products including web and mobile applications and work with our team of product managers, engineers, developers, and marketers collaborating and iterating on the user experience and interface of our platform.
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will work in 3 phases:
1. Experience Design:
- Design and create mockups and user journeys for a wide range of devices including mobile. Leverage testing, research and collaboration with development to articulate user needs and drive a best-in-class user experience.
2. Interface Development:
- Create and revise information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, comprehensive diagrams, and static prototypes.
- Deliver coded and branded design for the company’s digital assets including website, landing pages, infographics, iconography
- Help us to test the software after it comes out of development, providing feature set and UX feedback to stakeholders.
- Translate user behavior and research into actionable data.
- Maintain and update assets according to the style guide to ensure consistent branding across channels and intra-departmentally
- Keep up-to-date on emerging web technologies, industry trends and competitor products
Your Skills and Education
- You have 5+ years of UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of successfully launching consumer-centric web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- You have 2+ years if digital product design in the consumer technology industry
- You are an experienced user of UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, and the like is a must.
- You have the ability to not just design, but implement markup for mobile and web in HTML5, CSS3 that can be sent to development.
- Your markup works across browsers; solid understanding of mobile devices and platforms, and experience with cross-browser testing with tools like BrowserStack.
- You have the ability to work closely with development staff on bugs and testing.
- You are a self-starter eager to learn new technologies; you don't have to be asked to learn something new, you're always researching opportunities to grow and improve your skillset
- You have exposure to a consultancy environment: you've worked with clients and understand the relationship value with clients
- You're an eager communicator, willing to help out a teammate and lend a hand where needed on a team
- You value independence in the work you do, but don't hesitate to communicate when you need guidance or a helping hand