Who Are We?
SOLTECH is a leader in agile custom software, web & mobile app development, IT Staffing, and technology solutions consulting. Our mission is to partner with businesses and innovators who are passionate about bringing their ideas to life. Through our unique multi-industry experience, product strategy and stack agnostic approach, we help organizations of all sizes solve the challenges they face on a daily basis. We are passionate about what we do and are always looking for passionate people to join our team.
About the Role
As the Director of Data Management in an education space, you have strong previous experience as a SQL Server database developer, architect and administrator. You also have experience building a data warehouse for doing data analytics. While this Director role will not be doing the daily hands on development and DBA work, you will provide technical leadership and guidance to team members. You also need to have strategic leadership capabilities. Are you passionate about ensuring all students are getting a good education? Does this role sound like a good fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Your Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will provide technical and people leadership to this team of database developers, database administrators and data warehouse/analytics personnel
- You will create and enforce policies for effective data management
- You will assist with architectural decisions to ensure performance standards are met
- You will guide the team in decisions regarding approaches and tool selection for the implementation of data analytics and reporting solutions
- You will ensure overall data/system health and security
- You will establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- You will support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- You will monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- You will ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- You will troubleshoot data-related problems
Your Skills and Education
- You have proven enterprise experience as a SQL Server developer, architect, and database administrator
- You have experience creating data warehouses
- You have an analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You have a proven record of success in managing projects in an agile development environment
- You have great client/stakeholder engagement management skills; ability to define, develop and deliver appropriate communications in collaboration with project sponsors and leadership
- You are open to change and adapt behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
- You are able to make sound, well-informed and objective decisions; perceive the impact and implications of decisions; commit to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish project goals
- You show the ability to influence and motivate team members and can adapt leadership styles to a variety of situations
- You have experience with SharePoint, Jira, Aha, Smartsheets and/or other project management tools in addition to the Microsoft Office Suite
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required