About the Role
As the System administrator,you will provide daily support to the organization related to systems and infrastructure, both on-premise and cloud-based environments. You will also build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as the arise.
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains operating systems, application software and system management tools on both local and cloud-based environments.
- Support internal development team on server or network related issues.
- Provides active directory administration of users, desktops and file/folder permissions.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Improves the desktop computing environment and processes by proactively researching, testing, and recommending enhancements and efficiencies.
- Performs preventative maintenance where applicable.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalence in comparable job experience.
- A minimum of 6 years in systems engineering and IT support.
- Expert knowledge in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server based environments.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Expert knowledge in virtual environments, preferably AWS, VMware and Azure.
- Knowledge of Office 365 administration.
- Expert knowledge in configuring Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Certificate Management, IIS.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts and network fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge in supporting Windows 10 administration.
- Experience working with IT ticketing tools.
- Knowledge in automating tasks using PowerShell.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent prioritization, flexibility and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills used in developing strong working relationships and effective listening skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and confidential environment.