Who Are We?
SOLTECH is a leader in agile custom software, web & mobile app development, IT Staffing, and technology solutions consulting. Our mission is to partner with businesses and innovators who are passionate about bringing their ideas to life. Through our unique multi-industry experience, product strategy and stack agnostic approach, we help organizations of all sizes solve the challenges they face on a daily basis. We are passionate about what we do and are always looking for passionate people to join our team.
About the Role
As the System administrator,you will provide daily support to the organization related to systems and infrastructure, both on-premise and cloud-based environments. You will also build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as the arise.
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains operating systems, application software and system management tools on both local and cloud-based environments.
- Support internal development team on server or network related issues.
- Provides active directory administration of users, desktops and file/folder permissions.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Improves the desktop computing environment and processes by proactively researching, testing, and recommending enhancements and efficiencies.
- Performs preventative maintenance where applicable.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalence in comparable job experience.
- A minimum of 6 years in systems engineering and IT support.
- Expert knowledge in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server based environments.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Expert knowledge in virtual environments, preferably AWS, VMware and Azure.
- Knowledge of Office 365 administration.
- Expert knowledge in configuring Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Certificate Management, IIS.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts and network fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge in supporting Windows 10 administration.
- Experience working with IT ticketing tools.
- Knowledge in automating tasks using PowerShell.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent prioritization, flexibility and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills used in developing strong working relationships and effective listening skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and confidential environment.