Who we are looking for:
A dynamic go-getter, who is a self-starter, and passionate about the quality of work they deliver. This will be a 4 month contract. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer responsible for building Ruby applications, including anything from complex groups of back-end microservices to command line utilities and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby on Rails code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby on Rails and its nuances
- Solid experience in PostgreSQL
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby on Rails
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Knack for writing clean, readable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
The Application will consist of:
- Web UI – Flat Design
- Web Services
- Hosting in AWS
- Git hosted in AWS CodeCommit will be used for Source Control