About the Role
SOLTECH is looking for an ASP .NET Developer for a full-time contracting position working in our Consulting practice. In this role, you will working with a team of other developers supporting an enterprise-wide Customer Information System solution for one of our utility clients. You will be responsible for designing, coding, and testing software enhancements made for one of our client’s retail Customer Information Systems (CIS). The role includes making coding changes to the application’s web-based user interface layer, business logic/service facade, data access layer and related web services. You will be responsible for working on an application management team to dissect and analyze business and operational issues. The work likely will involve break-fix coding changes and/or new functional enhancements that need to be added to one or more applications as requested by the business team.
- Development/Testing (85%)
- Design (10%)
- Client Meetings (5%)
- On-call responsibilities (TBD)
- Design and build code fixes and enhancements to the CIS
- Unit and string test portal code changes to prepare them for user acceptance testing
- Promote changes to .NET components in presentation layer, business logic layer, and SQL Server stored procedures
- Adhere to existing programming standards for development and code migration
- Investigate defects to determine root cause and suggested fix
- Prepare build packets and other system documentation updates to reflect system changes made and tested
- Provide estimates for requested portal/business logic code changes
Knowledge, Skills and Prior Related Experience:
- Approximately 5 years’ experience working in an Information Technology position is desired
- Prior work experience in the utility industry and/or consulting is preferred
- Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Relational databases and supporting database query languages
- Experience with web services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Hands-on experience with the following preferred:
- Visual Studio .NET
- ASP .NET application development
- SQL, MS SQL Server, SSIS
- Team Foundation Server or equivalent
- General familiarity with Windows Server, Windows 10, and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong client-facing presence and ability to analyze solutions both independently and in a team environment
- Take a rotation as an on-call worker to answer any emergency pages during non-core business hours is a possibility after 6+ months in the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Travel: There is a small potential for travel but that is a remote possibility at this time.
About our Team and Environment
We hire hard-working, entrepreneurial people, and believe in empowering them to do great work – we welcome creative thinkers that will raise their hands when a great idea crosses their mind, or when they feel strongly about an alternative opinion (with all due respect!). We hire personable, creative thinkers and proactive problem solvers.
We’re proud of the modern environment we’ve created for our team – an open floor plan means high opportunity for collaboration for our team, and offices are available for those roles that require more privacy in their work. You’ll never be left at the office with hunger pangs, because we keep our two kitchens stocked with refreshments and snacks to keep our amazing talent satiated! Round out the office with panoramic views that stretch from Buckhead to Downtown to Stone Mountain, we have the most impressive views in town and know you’ll love them, too.
We try to pull away from the computer as a team, too, with bi-weekly soft-skill development gatherings, group lunch crews, lunch-and-learns, and a dedicated leadership team to make sure we’re constantly nurturing our talent development. Join the SOLTECH team and you’re in for an awesome journey of contributing to an established firm with a creative energy for growth.