Welcome to SOLTECH
At SOLTECH, our founders started with a vision 20 years ago for the success of our firm: to provide expert custom software solutions and project management support to our incredible community here in Atlanta, GA. That vision has not only come to fruition but has grown into a wide portfolio of solutions we provide to our clients – clients nurtured over decades of genuine connection with the technology community. We’re homegrown and founder-led, and we welcome creative, intuitive thinkers to our team that can help pave the landscape for what’s next to come in high-quality custom software development and staffing.
About the Role
The SQL Developer is responsible for developing database applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with our client's software development project methodology.
Development activities will include updating/maintenance of existing T-SQL code and/or developing new T-SQL objects (Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers etc.) to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. This role will also work closely with software engineers and architects to ensure code is in alignment with documented T-SQL development standards or industry best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create/implement Transact SQL (T-SQL) for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Experience with production support and troubleshooting issues based on support tickets
- Review queries created by other developers for adherence to standards and performance issues
- Interact with DBAs and SQL experts on issues and identify and validate approaches for remediation of these issues
- Interact with Database, Applications analysts and Business users for requirements gathering.
- Do impact analysis of existing applications and suggest best ways of incorporating new requirements
- Work with the quality assurance team to build test plans to validate that T-SQL modifications/new code meet the business requirements
- Create documentation when required for changes
- Maintain standards compliance
- Collaborates with key stakeholders including architects, software engineering, and project managers to report out development progress and escalates issues requiring attention.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
- At least 5+ years of T-SQL development experience in SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012 with a heavy emphasis on stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers
- 2+ years of Experience in SSIS Package Maintenance and Development.
- 3+ years of experience with performance enhancement/tuning for T-SQL Code as well as database objects (Tables, Views etc.)
Read more at http://soltech.net/our-story.