About the Company
Our client is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts, and transacts with business. Their products provide service to the retail, health-care, hospitality, financial, travel, entertainment, gaming, and public sector industries.
They’re truly everywhere, creating consumer products for small businesses on this particular team. If you’re looking for a role where you can truly impact the world through technology, this is the place for you!
About the Role
Our client is seeking a software quality engineer whose primary responsibility will be to ensure high quality software solutions as a contributing member of a highly motivated team of Engineers. You will make an impact in the market on a hugely visible product line while interacting daily with other team members to ensure that a quality product is delivered in a timely manner.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ability to work as the QA project lead on projects that utilize the Agile SDLC models
- Write & review use case documentation, participate in the test installation cycle and define work plans for multiple projects
- Strong understanding of web services
- Design and develop comprehensive test plans and test scripts to ensure software comply with the high level design and requirements
- Responsible for development, execution, tracking and results reporting of manual test cases for assigned projects/features using Microsoft Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server
- Ability to setup required hardware for test environments including Windows PC, Point-of-Sale terminals, printers, fuel pumps/controllers, pin pads, networking (LAN, WAN, connections to electronic payment networks)
- Business savvy & technical expertise to follow complex instructions and achieve desired results
- Define the time estimates and work plan necessary to achieve the goals for the entire test effort for multiple project running in parallel
- Identify and communicate escalations regarding project timetables & milestones risks
- Complete status reports and represent the team in meetings
- Ensure quality metrics are met at all milestones, act as the quality owner for assigned projects
- Work with contributors and automation team to ensure automated N+1 regression test cases are delivered with each assigned project
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years related quality assurance experience
- Experience as a Senior QA Engineer or QA Team Lead
- Ability to lead independently and as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of QA roles within Agile
- Retail industry and/or Point-of-Sale product knowledge preferred
- Advanced experience with a commercially available test management tool (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Zephyr)
- Advanced experience with defect tracking tools including query/report creation
- Advanced automated test development experience using BDD a plus
- Expert level knowledge of MS Office S/W suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Networking setup/troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of SQL and/or XML
- Able to define guidelines/instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and fast learner and innovative with experience working in a fast-paced environment
SOLTECH Staffing Solutions
At SOLTECH, we work with a catered selection of incredible clients that match our integrity and standard for tech talent in order to help them grow teams that will create significant impact on Atlanta's tech community.
We're excited to present opportunities to our network to work in some incredible environments that we've vetted first-hand. Apply through SOLTECH for a catered approach to your job search, and we'll make sure you land where you will be nurtured in your career growth.
Welcome to SOLTECH
At SOLTECH, our founders started with a vision 20 years ago for the success of our firm: to provide expert custom software solutions and project management support to our incredible community here in Atlanta, GA. That vision has not only come to fruition, but has grown into a wide portfolio of solutions we provide to our clients – clients nurtured over decades of genuine connection with the technology community. We’re homegrown and founder-led, and we welcome creative, intuitive thinkers to our team that can help pave the landscape for what’s next to come in high quality custom software development and staffing.
Read more at http://soltech.net/our-story.