SOLTECH Staffing Solutions
At SOLTECH, we work with a catered selection of incredible clients that match our integrity and standard for tech talent in order to help them grow teams that will create significant impact on Atlanta's tech community.
We're excited to present opportunities to our network to work in some incredible environments that we've vetted first-hand. Apply through SOLTECH for a catered approach to your job search, and we'll make sure you land where you will be nurtured in your career growth.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer, you will be developing on the game platform. Our client is looking for experienced developers and their primary language is C#/.NET. If you have C++ and gaming (or at least video game) experience, then this may be the job for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, programming, documenting, analyzing, creating, testing, and modifying initial game concepts, including game rules, methodology, functionality, features, storyline, characters, icons, etc.
- Understanding server-based, online and mobile requirements and translating management requirements into workable programming code for such platforms
- Find novel ways to implement new features with a high probability of being popular with customers via prototyping, user testing, incremental and modular feature building, and iterative design and implementation, corroborated by the use of metrics
- Developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Occasionally traveling to company engineering offices, various customer locations, trade shows, etc.
- Developing and maintaining industry knowledge based on technical and academic literature, trade shows, competitive products, etc.
- Integrating COTS into company software products
- Occasionally, working with external software engineers to modify a company software product
- Determining feasibility of software features by analyzing requirements, issues, and proposed solutions
- Making recommendations to manager regarding feasibility of products and product features and providing alternatives
- Making recommendations to manager regarding third party software products that should be integrated
- Providing accurate project estimates to the engineering manager
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Demonstrates a good understanding of multiple software development techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics or equivalent degree required
- At least three years of software engineering experience, preferably with a gaming company
- In-depth knowledge of at least one computer language required; in-depth knowledge of multiple computer languages preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum is preferred
Welcome to SOLTECH
At SOLTECH, our founders started with a vision over 18 years ago for the success of our firm: to provide expert custom software solutions and project management support to our incredible community here in Atlanta, GA. That vision has not only come to fruition, but has grown into a wide portfolio of solutions we provide to our clients – clients nurtured over decades of genuine connection with the technology community. We’re homegrown and founder-led, and we welcome creative, intuitive thinkers to our team that can help pave the landscape for what’s next to come in high quality custom software development and staffing.
Read more at http://soltech.net/our-story.